The Easter season is a time to spend with loved ones, our easy recipe will wow your guests as the perfect addition to such a special meal! This sweet and savory entree is ideal for brunch or dinner. Share these days full of love with family, fun and Hive & Honey Riesling!
YIELD: 12 servings
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked, smoked bone-in half ham (6-8 lbs)
- 1 cup Hive & Honey Riesling
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 18 oz. jar peach preserves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil and place ham on rack in the roasting pan.
- Put ovenproof meat thermometer in ham so tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone (this allows for an accurate temperature reading).
- In a 1 quart saucepan, heat Hive & Honey Riesling, thyme sprigs, and chopped shallot to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the wine is reduced to 1/2 cup, then remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs.
- Stir in peach preserves, brown sugar, and mustard to wine reduction to finish the glaze.
- Brush half of glaze mixture over ham and place in oven.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with remaining glaze mixture every 30 minutes.
- Cover ham loosely with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until thermometer reads at least 140 degrees.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy with a glass of the conveniently opened Hive & Honey Riesling!